Monday, March 25, 2019

Wildlife


We saw this little guy from a distance and thought it was a mark on the road. Charlotte, my tour guide for the morning, pulled closer and found him basking in the sun. This picture was taken from a (safe) distance. I'd estimate he was over two feet long. Apparently, one type of lizard, unsure if this is the one, climbs tall trees if panicked. Ummmm, humans look like tall trees to them. So, if you see a panicked lizard heading in your direction you are supposed to crouch down or fall flat so you don't get a toenail in the eyeball or a new lizard hat!



So far, I have been in a car three different times when the driver had to brake quickly to avoid hitting kangaroos. Hitting kangaroos is quite a common occurrence. Many cars, like this one, come with a "roo bar." Some cars have them when they are new, but some people add them later.

Charlotte took me to Lucky Bay, one of many beaches she showed me. This one is famous for not only being gorgeous, it is famous because roos come out of the bush to sun themselves.


This pair entertained the crowd.



Cuttlefish found on the beach at Greens Pool (with Gaynor!)





Remember the emu warning signs? Well, I'd get excited each time I saw one and looked around to see if I could spot one. Charlotte spotted these but by the time I got my camera out, they'd spotted me and all I got was their backsides.



Oh, look! A wild Peppa Pig!

So very sorry....am days behind in my blogs...



1 comment:

Elphin Grove Farm-East Sassafras, Tasmania

Elphin Grove Farm in East Sassafras, Tasmania. Doesn't that sound like the most magical place in the world one could live? Lesley and I...